Tournament codes are a powerful tool made available by Riot Games for League of Legends. Using tournament codes, organizers and players can enjoy a smoother League of Legends tournament experience than ever before! Players can join lobbies with all of the game options pre-configured, and then retrieve all of their game results with the click of a button.
Setting up a League of Legends event
With great power comes great responsibility. As a tournament organizer, you will define your LoL event ruleset in Event Setup - these options will be enforced in the game lobbies generated for your event’s matches, so be sure that you have selected your options correctly, especially the region and the team size!
- Team Size: this is selected before the other options. Determines the team size for the event, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, or 6v6
- Pick Type: determines the pick mode for the event, Blind Pick, Draft Mode, All Random, or Tournament Draft
- Map Type: determines the map for the event, Summoners Rift, Twisted Treeline, or Howling Abyss.
- Server Region: determines the server region for the event. BR, EUNE, EUW, JP, LAN, NA, OCE, PBE, RU, or TR
- Spectator Options: determines the spectator options for the event. No Spectators, Lobby Only, or All/Public
Playing in a League of Legends event
When players check into their matches, they will be provided with one tournament code for each game of their match.
To set up each game, players need to simply copy their tournament code for that game and enter it into the League of Legends game client. When they join using a tournament code, all of the rules for the lobby are pre-configured to match the options the TO selected in Event Setup.
Once players have completed their game(s), they can use the “Fetch Data” button to automatically retrieve the results for each game in their match! Players then confirm/verify their results and move on to their next match.