Join our Discord Server!
Please join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/smashgg
This is the place where you can directly ask us questions, get help with translating, and coordinate with other translators! Instructions for how to get the appropriate roles for translating can be found in the #translators-info channel in our Discord server.
Joining our Crowdin Project
Anyone who wants to contribute to our localization efforts needs to become a translator on our Crowdin project. Follow this link to create your account on Crowdin and join our project.
Once you are a translator on our Crowdin project, you can contribute in two different ways: translating on smash.gg using Crowdin's in-context tool, and translating on the Crowdin project page.
Translating on smash.gg using Crowdin's in-context tool
- Go to smash.gg and add
?translator=trueto the end of the URL. (make sure you created your account on Crowdin, and joined our project) If you are not already logged in to Crowdin, you will be prompted to do so when you load this page.
2. In the language settings in the bottom left, select the 'Translate!' language and then click 'Save'
3. The page will refresh, and you will now see the Crowdin context tool. If you are not already logged in to Crowdin, you will be prompted to do so first.
4. Open this tool, log in to Crowdin if you need to, and then select your language to help translate. Make sure to check all the options shown in the screenshot below! If you ever need to change your settings, the settings button in the In-Context tool is also shown in the screenshot below.
5. To translate the words on the page you're looking at, simply click the button shown below on any of the highlighted words on the page.
- Again, make sure you checked all the options shown in the screenshot above!
Make sure the URL of the page you're on has
?translator=trueat the end of it. If it doesn't, then add it to the end of the URL and hit enter.
6. Now that you've clicked the button on one of the highlighted words/phrases, the in-context tool will open and let you enter a translation for that word/phrase. Enter your translation and then click "Save".
7. A proofreader will review your translations. Once approved, your translations will be available for use on our platform!
If you are interested in becoming a proofreader, please contact us using email@example.com and tell us about your history & experience with translating and esports.
Translating on the Crowdin project page
- Go to our Crowdin project homepage and click the language you would like to help translate. (make sure you've already created your Crowdin account as explained above!)
2. Once you have selected a language, you can now view the files which need to be translated for that language
3. Click one of these files to translate words in that file. Machine translation suggestions will be available, too. Enter your translation and then click "Save"
4. A Proofreader will review your translations. Once approved, your translations will be available for use on our platform!
If you have any questions about the translation project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.