Checking Contact Info
Participation in Fortnite tournaments requires a lot of communication and cooperation with the tournament organizers. Usually, organizers will have contact info listed at the top of the page; it is recommended that you take note of this info, and try and stay an active communicator throughout the process of the competition.
Primary contact info is listed at the top of the page, and if there is additional contact info, the links to those will be listed at the bottom of the Home page.
Once the tournament begins, you can check in for your match by:
- Navigating to the tournament's home page
- Clicking the View Match button next to the event, listed in the Your Events section
- From here, you can click the green Check-In button, then wait for your opponent to check in!
Head to Head events
For head to head events, you'll need to join a party with your opponent(s) before queuing up for a game together. Here's how you set that up:
- Switch to the Chat tab to exchange Fortnite usernames
- Add your opponent(s) as a friend on Fortnite
- Invite your opponent(s) to join your party
- Play a match - be sure and split up from your opponent(s) in your match!
- Record your score, and report it to the tournament organizer
Elimination Rounds events
For elimination rounds-style events, you'll need to closely follow the tournament organizer's instructions. They'll instruct you on when to start your match, and how to report your score.
Every player in a group will play a set amount of matches, keeping track of their eliminations and placements as they go, and report them to the moderator. Then, a set amount of players in each group will advance based on their total score.
When the match is finished, you and your opponent will be both be prompted to report the score.
If there's any issues, you can always switch to the Chat tab and Request a moderator if you believe your opponent is reporting scores incorrectly.
Verifying Match Results
After completing the set and reporting scores, you'll be asked to verify the match results. This is where you confirm that the reported score is accurate. Click Confirm to verify the results.
Joining Your Next Match
Once you've verified the results, you can click Back to bracket in the top-left corner to see where you currently are in the bracket.
When your next match is ready, click on it to check in and get started!
Repeat until you're knocked out or win the tournament!