Once the tournament begins, you can check in for your match by:
- Navigating to the tournament's home page
- Clicking the View Match button next to the event, listed in the Your Events section
- From here, you can click the green Check-In button, then wait for your opponent to check in!
Creating/Joining the Game
Once you and your opponent are both checked in, it's time to set up the Player Lobby!
First, you'll need to get your opponent's gamertag and add them as friend. You can do this by:
- Switching to the Chat tab
- Asking for your opponent's gamertag and providing your own
- Adding them as a friend on your PS4, Xbox One, or Steam client
Next, its time to create the Player Lobby! You'll want to coordinate with your opponent via the Chat tab to decide who will create the lobby and who will join it.
You can create the Player Lobby by:
- Booting up Tekken 7
- Selecting Online
- Selecting Player Match
- Selecting Create Session
- From here, you can set up the Session to the rules of the event
- Once the rules have been set, selecting Create Session
- Pushing Triangle (PS4), Y (Xbox), or the "I" Key (PC) to invite your opponent to the match
Generally, the settings should be:
- Session Name: Something simple and easy to find
- Connection Quality: Any
- Rounds: 3 (unless otherwise specified by the tournament organize)
- Time Limit: 60 (unless otherwise specified by the tournament organize)
- Max Number of Participants: 2 (or 3 if there will be a judge to spectate your match for verification purposes).
- Private Slots: 1 (or 2 if there will be a judge to spectate your match for verification purposes).
Note: A Private Slot is an open spot for players/spectators you invite only.. This makes it so that random players can't join the room.
Reporting Scores & Characters
When the match is finished, you and your opponent will be both be prompted to report the score, as well as characters were used
If there's any issues, you can always switch to the Chat tab and Request a moderator if you believe your opponent is reporting scores incorrectly.
Verifying Match Results
After completing the set and reporting scores, you'll be asked to verify the match results. This is where you confirm that the reported score is accurate. Click Confirm to verify the results.
Joining Your Next Match
Once you've verified the results, you can click Back to bracket in the top-left corner to see where you currently are in the bracket.
When your next match is ready, click on it to check in and get started!
Repeat until you're knocked out or win the tournament!