We’ve listed below some common causes that lead to issues with tournament registration. If none of these solutions work, please contact us in your support chat or via firstname.lastname@example.org!
1) There is no payment option set up
Make sure you have a payment option setup within the admin! This is the most common issue, and you’ll know this is the case if people can get to the last step of registration, but it doesn’t give them the option to complete or pay for registration.
If this is the case, their registration page will look like this:
To fix this, go to the “Payments Setup” page in the tournament admin and select a payment option. Please refer to this article for more information on the different payment methods and how to set them up.
2) Registration is hidden
If registration should be live but on the live page there is no blue “Register” button, one of the issues may be that registration is set to hidden in some way. There’s a few different ways this can happen.
Registration is not published
- On the “Publishing” page within the tournament admin, make sure that “Registration” is set to “Visible”.
Event or Venue registration is set to be hidden
- On the “Registration Settings” page, click on "Edit" on the event to make sure that "Enable Public Event Registration" is checked.
3) Registration deadline dates
There’s a few fields in the admin that allow you to set different registration deadline dates. Make sure to double check this to see if it's correct!
Overall registration end date
Reg deadline within events/venue
Dates for multiple venue options do not overlap
- Make sure to double check all the dates in your multiple venue options don’t have days in between them!
4) The event/venue cap has been reached
Some admin settings allow you to set a cap by event or an overall tournament cap. Make sure to check on these settings to see if you set something lower than expected!
- Team Cap
- Event Cap
- Venue Pass Cap
- Overall tournament cap
Please refer to this article on the different ways to set a registration cap on your tournament.
If an attendee comes to you with registration issues and everything above is set up correctly, double check with them that they are filling in all the required fields for registration.
Custom Registration Fields
- In “Registration Settings” you may have set up a required custom registration field. Make sure the user is filling out this option!
- If you’re running an online tournament connect fields are required! Make sure they are filling this out.