If you would like Matchmaking Ladders for tournament please email email@example.com for assistance.
This page will walk you through Matchmaking Settings. Best practices for running ladders is here.
In order for players to get paired you must tell the software how many stations are being used for the ladder. Do this under the Stations & Streams tab of the admin. Stations must be added underneath the ladder event specifically in order for the ladder to work.
- Add the number of stations your ladder will be using.
- More information on recommended station counts and best practices running the ladder.
Access the Matchmaking Settings under the Bracket tab and clicking Matchmaking Settings.
Enabling/Disabling the Ladder Queue
- Click the Queue Enabled checkbox to open or close access to the ladder. Closing the ladder will not remove players currently in the queue
- Queue Disabled Message. This is the text that will display to users on smashgg when the ladder is closed.
- Rematch Avoidance. This is the amount of time between two players being paired for a second time.
- Suggested: 20
- Sets on Deck is the number of sets that get paired when all of your stations are full. If set to 0, when all of your stations are in use, no players will be paired. This is useful because it gets players at the ready to play their matches when stations open up.
- Suggested: 3
- Check-in Time
- Suggested: 2
- When players pair, they are prompted to Check In. This tells the software they know of their pairing and are ready to play.
- This field sets the amount of time in minutes that someone has to Check In.
- If a player does not check in during this time period their pairing will be undone.
- If only one player checks in this player will be placed back at the top of the matchmaking queue.
- Page Title and Page Subtitle are the text fields at the top of your ladder page
- Page Title Color and Page Subtitle Color controls the color of the text
- Header Background Color controls the background color behind the Title and Subtitle text
- Text replacements include Station Term, Check-in location, and Playing location. Unregistered message displays a message to users on smashgg that are not signed up for your tournament.
- Once a match is found, you will be assigned a <station> in the <friendlies setups>.
- Check-in and go to the <smash.gg Play Desk>!
- Go to the <smash.gg Play Desk>
- Wait for your opponent at the <smash.gg Play Desk>.
- Get your <Station> Assignment
- The staff at the <smash.gg Play Desk> will give you a <station> assignment.
- If you don’t show up to the <smash.gg Play Desk>, you will be DQ’d and lose a star.
- After playing, return to the <smash.gg Play Desk> and report your match.
- The following lines of text are impacted by replacements: