To run an amateur bracket for your event, first add it as a new phase on the Bracket Setup page.
We support both automatic and manual progressions out of pools into an amateur bracket.
You may have multiple automatic progressions coming out of pools. For example, top 2 from each pool advance to the pro bracket and 3rd and 4th advance to an amateur bracket. Multiple progressions will look like this on the Bracket Setup:
Currently, we need to set up these additional progressions for you manually. If you would like automatic amateur bracket progressions added to your tournament please contact email@example.com, or contact us in the support chat of your tournament.
There are two ways to manually enter players into the amateur bracket phase:
- Edit the direct entrants (best for a small number of players)
- Find the Amateur Brackets phase on the Bracket Setup page and click on Entrants.
- Click Add entrant group
- A group called "Direct Entrants" will be created. Click Edit and select the players to be added to the phase
- Import attendees using the Bulk Add tool (best for more players)
- Export the results of the initial phase where players are advancing from. To do this there is an export button above each phase on the Bracket Setup page:
- On the csv file, sort by pool placement and copy the short gamertag column for those players you want to place in the amateur bracket.
- Paste this list into the Bulk Add tool and on step 3 add them to the amateur bracket phase (make sure to use the short gamertags that don't include prefixes):