The success of your compendium rests on how well you market it. The number and quality of your posts will drive sales.
- At launch, you should have announcement posts across social media (twitter, reddit post, facebook event post).
- Ideally, you want to announce with a trailer and/or on stream.
- You should plan on posting regular updates to social media. This includes
- goals clearing
- goals or rewards being added
- the status of goals (90% cleared, almost there!)
- rewards that are close to selling out
- highlighting individual rewards
- highlighting featured artists
- posts about the tournament in general, such as registration numbers or deadlines, will also help maintain visibility
- Players that are goals for the compendium should be reaching out to their fan base on social media to drive interest.
- Your social media posts should include images, a call to action, and a link to the compendium.
- Over the last few weeks of your compendium, as it comes to a close, you should be posting daily to social media to help drive as many sales as possible.
- We've found that posts or tweets focusing on the goals and their status are the most successful. Here are some good examples:
Announcements that are more important or have more details should be done on reddit. Genesis did a great job of using reddit to increase visibility: