Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for tournament organizers to collect registrations fees. To do that, we support payment processing through PayPal and Stripe, as well as on-site payments. You may choose to use one or all of these processors.
These three options can be enabled in the "Payments Setup" tab of your admin panel.
Below is an overview of each.
- Stripe makes it very easy to accept credit cards. Attendees do not need an account to pay via Stripe; they don't even need to know what Stripe is! When it is time to pay, this option will simply show up as "Pay with card":
- Attendees are not redirected to complete their purchase. A simple pop-up will appear and attendees will be prompted to enter their email address and credit card information.
- The Stripe processing fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction in USD.
- Funds are deposited into your Stripe account immediately after a purchase is completed. Stripe will make rolling deposits into your bank account either daily, weekly, or monthly at your discretion. The very first deposit Stripe makes to your bank will take 7 days to post.
- A business or premier account is required.
- Attendees will see a new PayPal window to complete their purchase.
- The PayPal processing fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction in USD.
- You will need to provide your PayPal email address to start accepting payments and to get paid. (If you're a new PayPal user, you'll need to follow PayPal's instructions to verify your account before you can receive any money into your bank account.)
- Funds are deposited into your PayPal account immediately after a purchase is completed.
- Allows attendees to pre-register online but pay at the door.
- Attendees will be marked as Did Not Pay (DNP). If an attendee registers this way, they will not be able to pay off their balance online. You must manually mark them as paid.
- This lets you to get a head count before the day of the tournament and start seeding and bracket setup. The day of the tournament you simply collect payment and mark the attendee as paid on the Attendees page.
- When registering through smash.gg, the on-site option will look like this: